Here is a snapshot of ten special moments from Term 1 this year – just a sample of the events and conversations that daily occur and remind me how great young people really are!
- Vimbikai wrote this pearl of a story opening: ‘Drying the wet tears dripping on my face, I chucked the last picture frame to the wall. The sound of the glass breaking somehow put me at ease.’
- Patrick emailed me a funny YouTube video about grammar because he knew I would enjoy watching it.
- Kade greets me cheerfully (and loudly) whenever he sees me, even from across the courtyard.
- John, a graduate from last year, visited just to say hello.
- Joseph engaged me in a truly mind-blowing conversation about his ideas for inventions to make the world a better place.
- Some Year 7 boys picked figs for me to eat while on lunch duty.
- Evan left his group of friends at the cross country carnival to ask me about my holiday plans.
- Taylah gifted me a chocolate Easter bunny with a lovely message attached.
- Cadeyrn came to the staff room to hand me a slice of pizza as a thanks offering for editing his (5,000-word!!) short story.
- Isaac, Enrique and George regularly prayed for our Form class.
And one last one… A parent sent me an encouraging email expressing her gratitude for my work with her son. The highlight of that day!